About the New Life Church Men's MAFIA Ministries:

“…but among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must become your slave. For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:26-28 (NLT)

The New Life Church Men's MAFIA (Men After Faith, Integrity & Action) is a Christian fellowship of brothers-in-Christ dedicated to supporting each another, the NLC congregation and the community-at-large through service outreach (H.I.T.S. – Helping in the Spirit) , masculine accountability & encouragement, discipleship and prayer ministries.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

MAFIA Reminder of the Week: Fear

Fear

v. to be anxious about a particular event or situation

I fear not being good enough. I'm not one of those depressive people that tries to hog everyone's attention and focus on my flaws, but sometimes I really do find myself struggling with the question of "am I good enough.” It's not until I take the focus off of myself and zoom in on Christ that I can truly start feeling better about myself.

The bible talks a lot about fear. My all time favorite verse that deals with fear can be found in Psalm 27. This verse asks the simple question "whom shall I fear". When we look back at scriptures like Romans 8:31 and Jeremiah 17:7, we can be that much more at peace with the fact that as long as we are walking with Christ, we have nothing to fear!

Here's a great quote for you: “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” I absolutely hate trying to do something I'm afraid to do. But once I do them, more often than not I find I like doing them, and tend to want to do them again. Like when I first started leading worship in Driven. I was terrified to sing and play in front of all those people for the first time. But now that I've done it...well... just try to stop me!

On a separate note, this week’s MAFIA meeting was great.  Ken Barnes nailed it out of the park as he shared about the miracle of his boys birth and their survival being three (3) months premature.  Then, to be visited by both the Midtown Church Men’s MAFIA (headed by Sam Williams) and the Apostle Peter, well suffice to say we were truly enlightened.  Don forget about the MAFIA night a Dickey Stephen’s cheering on the Travelers next Monday.  We will leave the church parking lot at 5:30 PM or meet at the stadium at 6:00 PM, come hungry and ready for a great night of fellowship!

In His service,

Luke Ribich

No comments:

Post a Comment